Yes, this post is about overcoming fears in business but it can be applied to life in general. Have you ever been put into a situation where you can’t breathe right, get shaky, sweaty, and resistant to your task at hand? Me too, especially with regards to my business. I’ve learned to overcome my fears and I want to share how I’ve done it.
I Used to Be Scared
When I first started my home-business, I was scared to talk to the cold market, and even my warm market.
If you’re looking for a sure-fire way to earn $500 USD/month in residual income from home, on a part time basis, CLICK HERE to find out more.
I would get so nervous that my mind would start racing at the speed of light! I would stumble over my words and even feel like I was talking gibberish at times. Between the above and getting sweaty palms and even the shakes, I was never in a good way for my business.
How well do you think I did with my business?
I definitely needed a mindset for overcoming fears in business, wouldn’t you say?
I set out to work on just that! Can I say that there’s no magic bullet here? There is not one thing you can do with regards to overcoming fears in business. For me, it has taken almost two years to figure this all out. If I can spare you that same amount of time, I would feel like I’ve done something powerful.
Overcoming Fears in Business
I must not fear! Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear! I will permit it to pass over me and through me and when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing, only I will remain.
Frank Herbert’s Dune
That is probably my favorite quote when it comes to fear, it’s very powerful and correct.
So how do we overcome fear in business and in life?
In my opinion, there are 5 ways for overcoming fears in business and in life.
- Plan Your Day – While this might not seem like a fear-buster, you’d be surprised how much of those little fears you experience will go away with a little preparation. If you need to follow up with potential customers tomorrow, write down which ones you will be following up with and the times you need to call them. Writing down your plans for each day will keep your goals in mind and help you focus on what needs to be done. When your focus is on point, you fears will start to matter less and less.
- Be Thankful – start your days thanking God, the Source, the Universe, or whatever your belief is, that you’re alive and be thankful for so much more. This starts your day positively and helps to squash fears when those uncomfortable moments arise.
- Practice First – In business, we’re all about using scripts that work. If you are in network marketing like I am, there are many scripts that can be used from whatever company you are a part of. Whatever the scripts are, you should be making time to practice them in front of a mirror or to your loved ones. Practice until you have the script aced, you’ll be much more confident and you will have no problems overcoming fears in business.
- Develop Yourself – Self development is one of the major keys to success in any business. There are many reasons to work at self development and overcoming fears in business is one of them. You can read from notable authors like Napoleon Hill, Dr Dyer, Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn, and many more. Did you know that there are many books written about success but most people don’t read them? I know, it’s amazing! You don’t have to just read either, utilize the internet and specifically sites like YouTube. If you would like a good start at self development, go to my Personal Development page and watch the few videos I have linked from YouTube. You will not regret developing yourself into a better you.
- Get Out There And Freaking Do It! – Once the above have been tackled, you need to just do it! You’ll have to force yourself a bit still, especially at the start but you are more prepared now that you’ve planned your day, are thankful for life, practice, and self-developed some. As Nike says, Just Do It!
It’s Worth It
Overcoming fears in business is key to gaining success and always has been. Sure, there are other skills to learn, like closing the sale, but you first need to get in front of people to close. Start today, start now, starting working on a better version of you so that you can gain success in this fast moving world.
Have a Great Day and Be Great!
Michael M Vasas
PS – Start a journey with me and I will teach you how you can be successful with It Works Global. CLICK HERE now, don’t be afraid!